Danielle (Dan) started her marketing career working for the big corporates like Hewlett-Packard, Delfin Property Group and McDonalds over 20 years ago. While these companies allowed her to develop some unique marketing and sales skills, she was frustrated by the red tape getting in the way practical marketing efforts to attract customers.
Dan craved the opportunity to use her customer empathy and insight to create practical actionable marketing for a market that wanted it. So with the support of her husband Mark (already running his successful architectual practice), Dan decided to start MacInnis Marketing in 2006.
Even as a small kid her outlook was always for others and how they were feeling. Who would have thought that Dan would take this attribute and build a business from it! Customer insight is one of the most powerful marketing practices there is and as small businesses we are best placed to really take advantage of this knowledge.
Dan works with CEOs of small businesses, helping them make better business decisions, build better teams and brands. Dan mentors as part of the Australian Women Mentoring Network and is the Founder of Brain Jam for Students, an online mentoring and coaching training for practical skills for marketing students. She also does a podcast to help small businesses with their marketing effort and has an online small business marketing training module which is currently offered for free.
“My biggest asset has always been to think like a customer. This empathy for the customer has created insightful marketing strategies.”
Danielle now works with CEOs of small businesses helping them make better business decisions, build better teams and brands. She mentors as part of the Australian Women
Mentoring Network and does her own podcast to help small businesses with their marketing effort. Dan has also written and online small business marketing training module which is currently offered for free.
- Certified Practicing Marketer with the AMI
- Social Media Expert Certified with Hubspot
- Expert journalist with Ezine Articles and Flying Solo, Australia Businesswomen Network, Womens Network Australia and The Customer Collective
- Expert facilitator for creating awesome teams with 360 facilitation certification
Dan’s biggest asset has always been to think like a customer. This empathy for the customer has created insightful marketing strategies. Book in for a 1:1 with her today and start to get strategic about how you market your small business.
- Dan’s beliefs:
- Move fast and break things
- Done is better than perfect
- If you don’t like learning, you’re dead to me
- Be extraordinary or be irrelevant
- Live simply, love lavishly
- See things for the first time like a child
- I want to be the difference, it is up to me
- Today is the most precious thing I have, so I can’t waste a moment
- I am so grateful for my curiosity, my fathers determination, my mothers energy, my grandma’s institution, my wrinklesm my best friend Jules and my life with my boys.
See Dan getting interviewed