If 2% of the sales happen at the first meeting, what happens to that other 98%!


"2% of sales occur at the first meeting; the other 98% will only happen once a certain level of trust has been established". There has never been a better reason for follow up than that quote from Robert Clays research. People in business often hope and expect to do business the first time they meet a … Continue reading If 2% of the sales happen at the first meeting, what happens to that other 98%!

How well do you know your customers?


Having an "outside in" approach to your business is difficult. It requires you to shift your focus from running, managing and developing your business to that of your customer. This mind shift of really stepping into the customer shoes and then developing a marketing strategy  is critical to be a successful small business (well any … Continue reading How well do you know your customers?

Do you have the right sales tools?


Sales materials  and tools are designed to help you move prospects forward in the sales process. Each piece should have a specific job: to answer a natural question that the prospect has at a specific point in the process. Literature and tools are powerful because they can: Carry authority and credibility if very well done … Continue reading Do you have the right sales tools?

Prospect Plan. Do you have one?


According to Simon from Sandler training most businesses might a financial plan and maybe a marketing plan but many don't have a prospect's plan. This is an issue because activity creates the opportunity for sales. Activity moves the prospect to a potential customer. Simon explains there are several activities that classify as sales activity including " … Continue reading Prospect Plan. Do you have one?