John Jantsch from Duct Tape Marketing has created an awesome video and audio on how to
create a Total Content System. This is so critical for a business today as our customers seek out content to solve their problems. As John states “The use of high quality, education based content has become an essential ingredient in creating awareness, building trust, converting leads, serving customers and generating referrals.” What I really like about John’s approach is it is integrated. All the touch points are working together to maximise the lead generation.
Key Take Aways for me are:
- Listening: Use tools to listen like google alerts.
- Content Foundation: What are your customers passionate about? What topics are you passionate about? Key content themes. John explains how to create a content system
- Sharable – John gives some great tools for sharing your content
- Point of View E Book – your process, how you do it differently
- Snack Size content – curated content, aggregating the good stuff
- Landing Pages – call to action and one purpose
- Email Marketing – with follow-up
- Social Profiles – getting them complete
- Social Integration – strategy to how you publish and what is your call to action. Don’t just pitch but share ideas.
- Conversions – measure what is working or converting into leads, views, downloads etc
- Mobile – how to create a mobile version of your site and SMS marketing.
Overwhelmed? Yes there is a lot to do, but also a lot of opportunities to build your online presence to grow your business. If you would like to discuss how you create an integrated sales and marketing system, we would love to hear from you. Next steps..