As a small business you must have noticed the advertising you always depended on to make the phone ring is not working as effectively as it use to. As more and more customers look online for Local businesses it is becoming critical to be where your customers are.
The new mediums to reach customers are:
- Search Engine Optimisation: ensuring your business comes up when potential customers search.To receive traffic from search engines you must be in the top 30 results. This is an ongoing investment to ensure your company is found by your ideal customers and involved Key word research, In-page and Off page, strategies, Content authority, PR optimisation and Content Management evaluation.
- Pay Per Click Advertising: paying for words on Google and or Facebook so your company is positioning well when people search online. It is driving qualified leads to your site.
- Social Media Marketing: is important for a number of reasons. It assists with local search, it assists sharing of content can build links back to your site, it involves rating and reviews and reputation management. Ultimately it builds a community around your product or service using new tools.
- Local Search is all about finding those local search directories that your industry and customers use and making sure your profile is up to date and optimised.
- Conversion: on your website is a big indicator. If 80% of traffic is leaving before taking action then you have a conversion issue. Looking at how to improve your conversion involves a site assessment.
Make no mistake you still need to leverage traditional marketing if it makes sense for your target market but a online marketing strategy is now more important. The key question you need to ask your self is how do potential customers find my small business? Chances are most Google their problem or service they are seeking. Are you there?
For more on digital marketing services click here.