Predictable Results in Unpredictable times. – Stephen Covey and others.
Talks about high trust teams. 3 trust building activities in a crisis
1. Create transparency and candour – especially if trust is low. Too many hidden agendas.
2. Keep your commitments – failing to complete commitments depletes trust. Be careful about the commitments you make and keep the ones you do make!
3. Extend trust to your team – build trust by extending it. Distrust breeds distrust. Case study on a formula one racing pitt -team Ferrari teaching a cardiac heart surgeon team how to work better –really interesting.
Individuals don’t get anything accomplished. Teams get things done.
I downloaded this from audible.com
Word of Mouth Marketing: How Smart Companies Get People Talking by Andy Sernovitz.
Sernovitz shares his “Word of Mouth Manifesto,” which every business owner should read :
- Happy customers are your best advertising. Make people happy.
- Marketing is easy: Earn the respect and recommendation of your customers. They will do your marketing for you, for free.
- Ethics and good service come first.
- UR the UE: You are the user experience (not what your ads say you are).
- Negative word of mouth is an opportunity. Listen and learn.
- People are already talking. Your only option is to join the conversation.
- Be interesting or be invisible.
- If it’s not worth talking about, it’s not worth doing.
- Make the story of your company a good one.
- It is more fun to work at a company that people want to talk about.
- Use the power of word of mouth to make business treat people better.
- Honest marketing makes more money.
Generation By Iggy Pintado
Pintado, a former IBM and Telstra heavyweight, looks at how the new communication technologies are changing Australians’ connection with each other and assesses the impact on our personal and professional lives.
Perhaps Pintado is right in suggesting that online success eventually comes down to:
- Being clear about your online purpose. Is it is socialise, build a brand or share information with like-minded people? For Pintado himself, life lived on the net is about maximising the amount of information, ideas and opportunities available to him.
- Selecting the most appropriate platforms that fit your need and niche and then actively participating to build profile, increase connections and become trusted.
- Being persistent because like all else in marketing, if you want online success you must continually work at it.