http://www.brighttalk.com/webcasts/2814/play (if you can’t see this link you might need to register at Brighttalk for access).
This presentation is a must to understand the importance of technology in marketing and how small businesses can start to leverage it to compete better than ever before.
The key points I took away from this presentation are:
- Most web experiences happen via Google (62%). How does your business look through the Google spotlight? Are you paying attention to your Google profile?
- Media Fragmentation – challenges are created via reach – so many mediums how do you pick the best media mix for your target audience?
- Speed – Radio took 38 years what it took Facebook 2 years to do – reach an audience of 50 million people.
- Noisy – clutter to cut through. Blogs 133,000,000. or 900,000 new posts per 24 hrs.
- Transparency – it is easy for people to find out about you quickly via multiple sources.
- Listen and learn – The age of the conversation – some many mediums. Are we forgetting to listen and learn and just requesting information all the time?
- Mobile space – how mobile technology is changing marketing – downloads 1 billion this year via applications.
- Consumer is now in control – they look at what they want when they want.
Benefits of marketing technology for SMALL BUSINESS
- Do more with less – much less.
- RIO -return on investment is greater and easier to measure. We need to measure it in business terms.
- Value – great tools that don’t cost a lot to use. (see my links).
Get started today with your virtual marketing assistant to do the work affordably and fast track your marketing.